Watch A Current Affair show “Evangelist ministry converts kids but refuses access” – Aired June 11 @ 7pm
AIMS OF FIRIS
- Maintain an inclusive school curriculum that does not require any student to withdraw from class on account of different religious beliefs.
- Formally cease the practice of volunteer-run special religious instruction (SRI) during school hours.
- Follow an objective, fair and balanced comparative syllabus for education about religions and beliefs.
- Treat all religious organisations who wish to use the school facilities outside of the school day with transparent and equitable policies.
FIRIS is a parent-driven grassroots effort. More, you say?
- If you are new to “Religion in Schools”, get a quick intro by accessing The Facts.
- If you want to know hear first hand statements, check the parent’s stories and what child evangelists say, as well as some famous quotes.
- If you are looking for the CRE material used in SRI and the reports from educational academic experts on their quality, go to CRE Curriculum.
- If you want to read some of the reports on the media regarding religion in schools, check the impressive Media List showing the roadmap to success!
- If you want to know whether there is SRI on a school or want to report that for a school, go to the Victoria SRI Map.
- If you want to take action, subscribe to our mailing list and here are some ideas on what to do.
The main discussion between supporters is on our Facebook Page. Read the recent discussions and remember to LIKE us!